LEBANON TECHNOLOGY & CAREER CENTER
Classes will be held during the day on Mondays from 8:00 am – 2:30 pm. Classroom sessions will begin on February 20, 2012 and conclude on approximately April 30, 2012. Sixty (60) hours classroom and eight (8) hours clinical are required for this class. No class on March 19.
- High school diploma or GED certificate.
- A minimum score of 8.9 on both Vocabulary and Comprehension tests and a minimum of 7.0 on Mathematics Concepts and Application on level D of the TABE Test (Test of Adult Basic Education) to be administered by Lebanon Technology & Career Center.
- Six (6) months of employment as a certified nurse assistant (CNA) who is listed as active on the Missouri CNA Registry.
- If currently employed in a long-term care facility, a letter of recommendation submitted to Lebanon Technology & Career Center by the administrator or director of nursing of the facility.
- If not currently employed in a long –term care facility, a letter of recommendation submitted to the Lebanon Technology & Career Center by a previous long-term care employer.
- Must not be listed on the DHSS Employee Disqualification List (EDL) and not have a Federal Indicator on the Missouri CNA Registry or any other State’s CNA Registry that the Lebanon Technology & Career Center has checked based on a belief that information on the individual may be included.
Clinicals will be held at Richland Care Center in Richland, MO and Christian Health Care South in Lebanon, MO.
Materials included in the cost are: certification fee $20, lab fee $15, textbook $5, and tuition $414. Final exam is free.
Payment may be made with check, cash or credit card. The total cost of the program is $454. A payment of $100 is payable upon submitting application and the remaining balance will be due in two equal payments of $177 each after four (4) and eight (8) weeks into the class.
Items required upon acceptance to the class:
Criminal background check is required and a money order in the amount of $10.00 made payable to “State of Missouri, Criminal Record System”
A urine drug screen is required.
Drug screening may be obtained at St. John’s Wellness Center, 874 S. Jefferson Street, Lebanon, MO, 417-532-3495; hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday – Thursday and 8:00 am to 1:00 pm on Friday. Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday are the best days for testing. Cost is approximately $38.50.
These fees are not included in the program cost.
Final acceptance in the class is contingent upon drug screen and background check.
Lebanon Technology and Career Center
Practical Nursing Program
757 Brice Street
Lebanon, Missouri 65536
Page Updated 4/20/2011