A Lebanon R-III After-school Program for Grades 2-6
- J+ will provide a safe and secure after-school learning environment for students in grades 2-6 with fun and exciting educational opportunities to strengthen reading, math and social skills.
- J+ teachers will use technology in the form of computers, interactive video games and interactive white boards to increase skills in reading, math and writing.
- J+ students will be provided help with unfinished classwork during Homework Help time. J+ student will receive help in preparing for tests and will work specifically on concepts covering during the school day if needed.
- J+ will promote healthy lifestyle habits through regular exercise and nutritious meals.
- J+ students will have the opportunity to develop significant and meaningful relationships with positive adult role models.
- Session Times: Monday - Thursday at 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Calendar: A J+ calendar will be provided to assist you in planning.
- Attendance: To receive maximum benefits, regular attendance is expected. If a student consistently misses they will be dismissed from the program.
- Field Trips: Eligibility for trips is dependent upon attendance. Dates and trip details will be provided in advance. Your signature on the J+ application for enrollment serves as permission for your child to participate in J+ field trips.
- Bus Transportation: Students will be provided transportation home after J+ each evening. Busses will leave promptly after 6:00 p.m. Busses will deliver to one address only.
- Student Pickup: Parents wishing to pick up their students may do so at Maplecrest (2-3) or Boswell (4-6) at 6:00 p.m.
- Snack Supper: A nutritious snack supper will be provided during the J+ program. Please indicate food allergies on the J+ enrollment form.
- Emergency Contacts: Boswell Elementary at 532-3091 or Maplecrest Elementary at 532-2641.
- Staff: We are fortunate to have high quality educators assisting students in the J+ after-school program. J+ teachers are certified teachers, many with advanced degrees. We are pleased that our paraprofessionals and nurses are also high quality individuals who we are proud to have on our J+ team. Lebanon High School A+ students will work as tutors and mentors during the J+ program.